Gut health has been shown to have a relationship to the immune system, mental health, autoimmune diseases, skin conditions, endocrine disorders, cancer, and weight management. The microbiome is also responsible for the synthesis of hormones, vitamins and neurotransmitters.
The GI-MAP test uses quantitative polymerase chain reaction (qPCR) technology to detect bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites that can disrupt the normal function of the microbiome. The GI-MAP also reports on immune and digestive markers that are good indicators of overall gut health.
You may benefit from gut health testing if you answer yes to any of the following questions.
Are you experiencing any of following digestive issues?
- Indigestion or burning sensation after meals
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach cramping during or after meals
- Uncomfortable fullness or pressure
- Feeling nauseous after eating
- Gas or bloating after meals
- Auto-immune disease, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, Rheumatoid arthritis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
- Celiac Disease, or non-Celiac gluten sensitivity (NCGS)
- Mood disorders, depression, anxiety
- Digestive complaints, diarrhea or constipation
- Brain fog
- Leaky gut
- Skin problems (acne, psoriasis)
- Weight loss issues
The Gut Health Testing Package includes:
- A GI-MAP test to be completed at home
- Review of the GI-MAP test results
- Review of completed intake forms
- Virtual Results Review Session (45 minutes)
- Dietary and supplement recommendations based on your test results, your specific health status and your health goals
- Full report including assessment and all recommendations will be available after the consultation
- A 15% discount on professional grade supplements (off of MSRP) when using the clinic’s online dispensary.
Once you purchase the Gut Health Testing package, you will be mailed a GI-MAP stool test kit to be completed at home. Once you mail in the test kit, your test results are usually available within 7-10 business days. You will be notified once your results have been received by our office and you can then schedule your virtual results review session.