Food sensitivity and intolerance tests are specialized blood tests used to identify food reactions that are difficult to determine from conventional food allergy testing. Foods play a much bigger role in immune reactivity than previously thought. This may be due to harmful factors in the environment like toxic chemicals (xenobiotics) or even changes in our gut microbiota.
Autoimmune diseases are becoming more prevalent and the food we eat may be a factor since foods are our biggest and most constant source of antigens. The GI tract is our first line of defense against food antigens entering the blood stream. If your GI tract is compromised (leaky gut/intestinal permeability), then these antigens can cause loss of oral tolerance (or food sensitivities) for certain foods.
The Functional Nutritionist uses Cyrex Labs since they offer the most comprehensive food testing available. This lab detects an immune reaction to 90 different foods as well as provides early detection of dietary-related triggers of autoimmunity.
Cyrex Array 10 -90 – Multiple Food Immune Reactivity Screen™ tests for multiple variations (cooked, raw, modified) of the following food groups:
- Dairy and Eggs
- Beans and Legumes
- Nuts and Seeds
- Fish and Seafood
- Herbs, spices, and gums
- Brewed Beverages
Cyrex Array 10-90 – Multiple Food Immune Reactivity Screen™ is recommended if you are experiencing any of following issues:
- Autoimmune disease: rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, Crohn’s disease, lupus, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, type I diabetes mellitus, or others
- Digestive issues: diarrhea, constipation, gas, cramping, distention
- Suspected or known intestinal permeability (leaky gut)
- Joint pain or Fibromyalgia
- Skin issues: psoriasis, eczema, itchy skin, rashes
- Sinus issues: post nasal drip, runny nose, sneezing, sinus pain
- Brain fog
- Depression or anxiety
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Weight loss issues or weight loss resistance
The Food Sensitivity Testing Package includes:
- Cyrex Array 10-90 – Multiple Food Immune Reactivity Screen™
- Review of lab test results and completed intake forms
- Virtual Results Review Session (60 minutes)
- Dietary and supplement recommendations based on your test results, your specific health status and your health goals
- Full report including nutrition assessment and all recommendations will be available after the consultation
- A 15% discount on professional grade supplements (off of MSRP) when using the clinic’s online dispensary.
- It’s recommended that you are clear of immunosuppressants and corticosteroids for at least 60 days prior to taking the test. Please consult with your prescribing healthcare provider.
- Not available in New York. Specimen draws can be completed in neighboring states.
- Once you purchase the package, you will be emailed a requisition form within 24 hours.
- Print out the requisition form.
- Schedule your blood draw once you have received your requisition for via email. SCHEDULE HERE. You may also call other local draw centers (hospitals etc.) to have your specimen drawn but fees may apply.
- The turnaround time is 14 business days once the lab receives your sample.
- You will receive your results via email the day they are reported to our clinic.
- Schedule your appointment to review your results.