- Read Is The Functional Nutritionist, LLC Right For You?
- Read the Policies and Procedures.
- Choose a package here and sign up for a new client appointment.
- Please allow 2-3 weeks before your first appointment so that you have ample time to fill out the extensive intake form as well as complete a 7-day diet diary. I also need one week prior to your first visit to review your intake and develop your comprehensive therapeutic nutrition and lifestyle plan. If there is not ample time prior to your first appointment, I may need to reschedule to a later date. I want to give your assessment the time it deserves.
- Once you book your appointment, you will receive a welcome email with instructions on how to sign into the client portal. This is a HIPAA compliant online platform where we will conduct our virtual telehealth sessions and file sharing (reports, labs, educational materials, recipes, etc.). This is also where you will complete all intake forms, consent forms, a diet diary, and lifestyle journal.
- The client portal has a messaging feature which I will respond to within 1-2 business days. If the question is more involved, I will ask that we discuss it in our next session otherwise I will answer the question directly in the messaging app.
- Login to the client portal and complete all required intake forms and consents. Some online forms may ask for an electronic signature. This data is secure and held in a HIPAA compliant platform. Allow 1-2 hours to complete the intake forms.
- Start your 7-day diet diary. Please enter everything you eat for 7 days into the client portal food diary. Select an option that is closest to what you ate if the exact match is not found. This must be completed one week prior to your first visit. Please do not change your dietary habits during this time.
- Gather your recent lab work and upload this to your private folder in the client portal. This can also be mailed to:
The Functional Nutritionist, LLC
202 S. Randall Road # 5762
Elgin, IL 60121-5762
- Let’s get social! I often post healthy recipes and nutrition related articles to social media. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Get excited about improving your nutrition and taking one step closer to optimizing your health.
- After the initial 45-minute consultation, you will receive a summary of our conversion and specific actions to take to achieve your goals. Your comprehensive report will include dietary and nutrition recommendations, meal planning strategies, a 7-day meal plan and recipes to get you started, supplement and vitamin recommendations, general exercise recommendations, and other lifestyle recommendations.
- Follow-up sessions will be used to ask questions, check progress, review goals, discuss lab work results, discuss challenges and successes, and to re-evaluate goals or recommendations as needed.
- Finally discuss an on-going maintenance schedule with your nutritionist. Chronic health conditions may require several follow-ups a year while others may require a wellness check-up once a year.