Go Go Vanilla and Prune Chia Pudding
Yield 4 servings
This chia pudding is known to make people “go” due to the BM inducing and cleansing action of chia seeds, flax seeds, and dried plums (prunes) otherwise known as “nature’s remedy”.
- 2 cups almond or coconut milk (not canned)
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 1/2 t vanilla extract or seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 2 T flax seeds, ground
- 1 T pure maple syrup (or to taste); can substitute Stevia
- 4-8 chopped prunes, depending on needs (use dried apricots if you don’t like prunes)
- Optional: zest of one orange (organic preferred)
- Mix all ingredients in bowl or large glass measuring cup.
- To make individual servings, pour into smaller mason jars.
- Refrigerate and mix every 1-2 hours until set.
- Add chopped prunes to top after set.
Key nutrients: Vitamin C, potassium, fiber, vitamin K, beta-carotene, iron, calcium
Courses breakfast, snack
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 10 g
Saturated Fat 0.9 g
Unsaturated Fat 7.6 g
Sodium 81 mg
Total Carbohydrates 21 g
Dietary Fiber 8 g
Sugars 7 g
Protein 5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.