The Functional Nutritionist only recommends high quality professional grade supplements.
Dawn’s criteria for a good supplement and/or supplement manufacturer include:
- GMP certified (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- The company manufactures the majority of their products (vs. being contract manufactured)
- Do double blind placebo controlled human studies exist for the supplement?
- Does the company perform safety reviews?
- Does the company have a credentialed scientific advisory board?
- Does the company perform third party independent assays on the raw materials?
- Are protein powders FDA-approved medical foods or functional foods?
You may receive supplement recommendations as part of your recommendations. Included in your package is a 15% discount on professional grade supplements if purchased through our online dispensary at Fullscript. You can continue to use this discount after you complete your initial sessions as long as you have at least one 45-minute follow-up session on an annual basis. This is so that I can monitor your usage of supplements and make sure the initial recommendations still apply. If your health status changes or you think that you may need to adjust your supplement regimen, please book an appointment immediately. Not all supplements are available through Fullscript.
Standard Process is a practitioner-only supplement line that I recommend. Once you meet with your health care professional to develop a supplement plan, you will be given a code to use to order Standard Process supplements online directly on the Standard Process website. Standard Process uses the strictest quality standards and grows most of their ingredients in their own certified organic farm. Standard Process products can only be ordered through a health care practitioner.
Order your Standard Process online and start on your path to a healthier life.